If you have a complaint or concern about the service that you have received for the Dentist or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know. We operate a practice complaints procedure for dealing with complaints.; Our complaints system meets national criteria.

How to complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  Or you may wish to use or practice complaints procedures, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks – because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.  If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint:

  • Within 6 months of the incident that caused a problem: or
  • Within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within 12 months of the incident.

Complaints should be addressed to Mrs Lisa Baxter, Practice Manager or our dentist. She will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly.  It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.

What we shall do

We shall acknowledge your complaint within two working days and aim to have looked into your complaint within ten working days of the date when you raised it with us.  We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved.  When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this;
  • Make sure you receive an apology , where this is appropriate
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn't happen again

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of confidentiality.  If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have his or her permission to do so.  A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness or infirmity) of providing this.

Complaining to NHS England (West Yorkshire Team)

If you do not feel able to raise your complaint with us or you are dissatisfied with the result of your investigation. You should contact NHS England West Yorkshire team Telephone 0300 3112233 or email England.contactus@NHS.net. They will be able to discuss the complaints procedures with you.

Care Quality Commission

CQC National Customer Service Centre
Newcastle Upon Tyne

Citizens Advice Bureau

You may also like to contact the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB). ICAS can give you independent help and advice in making a complaint.  The telephone number to contact is 08451 203734.